The Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) is seeking a Bilingual Spanish Speaking Social Worker to provide direct clinical social work services to NFP clients in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn & Staten Island. The NFP Social Worker’s caseload will consist of mainly Spanish speaking-only clients living predominantly in the following neighborhoods: Corona, Washington Heights, The Lower East Side, Bushwick, East New York, Sunset Park, Sunnyside & Port Richmond.
NFP is a nationally replicated nurse home visiting program that serves first-time, low-income mothers and their families from pregnancy through the child's second birthday. The NFP model has been rigorously evaluated for over 30 years and has demonstrated significant improvements in pregnancy outcomes, parenting practices, child health and development, and family self-sufficiency.
**The NFP Social Worker will work under the direct supervision of The Manager of Mental Health and Strategic Partnerships.
--provide therapy for clients identified by nurse home visitors (NHV) as requiring mental health services.
--Will also work to connect NFP clients and families with needed community resources.
--The ideal candidate is organized, motivated, creative, fluent in Spanish, adaptive to change and willing to work in the field 80% of the time or more as needed.
Minimum Qual Requirements:
1. A Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work.
For those who receive certification before September 1, 2004: A valid Certified Social Worker (CSW) certificate issued by the New York State Department of Education is required.
For those who receive certification after September 1, 2004: A valid Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) must be obtained within one year of the date of appointment. Employees who fail to obtain their LCSW or LMSW within one year after appointment will automatically have their probationary periods extended for no more than six months. Failure to obtain the LCSW or LMSW by the end of 18 months of service will result in dismissal.
- 3 years prior clinical social work experience, preferably working with women, mothers, children and families
- Knowledge of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Comfortable providing therapy to clients in Spanish
- Candidates would ideally have LMSW or LCSW issued by the New York State Department of Education
- Extensive knowledge of crisis intervention and familiarity with Motivational Interviewing
- Willingness to supervise MSW students and ideally existing SIFI certification
- Excellent computer skills including: MS word, Excel, PowerPoint.